(urth) Inhumi eyes and names

Daniel Petersen danielottojackpetersen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 12:26:25 PDT 2012

No, Chekhov's gun does *not* have to be combustive rather than demonic *if*
demonic forces are part of the narrational storyworld - the 'scientific'
view in that case would be to admit these forces into the causal meshwork.
 I think that's the best way to read Wolfe's Solar Cycle.  I think these
books are in a similarly 'supernatural' world to the Soldier series - just
with lots of (what we traditionally know as) science also woven in.

-DOJP