(urth) Gender and creation myth

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 23 19:15:39 PDT 2012

--- On Sun, 9/23/12, David Stockhoff <dstockhoff at verizon.net> wrote:

From: David Stockhoff <dstockhoff at verizon.net>
Subject: (urth) Gender and creation myth
Date: Sunday, September 23, 2012, 5:59 PM

I'm just curious. Has anyone noticed that

(1) The Long Sun Whorl bears a number of systemic resemblances to Eden, including gender-based naming systems

(2) The Neighbors presumably introduced the inhumi to the Whorl as a sort of test, much like another well-known reptilian character

(3) The Neighbors withdrew from both Green and Blue, essentially giving them to humanity to make their own (and in Marc's word, "make better"?)

???

Also, note quetzal's tree planted on the Long Sun: man has climbed up the tree, but has not yet climbed down it.
>From chapter 1 of Calde of the Long Sun
"A god called Ah Lah bared Wo-man and her husband from the garden. ... We seem to have lost sight of Ah Lah, by the way. ... No one ever asks why the cobra wanted Wo-man to eat his fruit" ...
"In order that she would climb his tree, Patera. The man likewise. Their story's not over because they haven't climbed down yet."

and later, thinking of the tamarind he planted: "Their parent tree, nourished by his own efforts, was of more than sufficient size now, and a fount of joy to him: a sheltering presence, a memorial of home, the highroad to freedom. ... Even in this downpour the tree was safer, though he could fly"