(urth) Inhumi eyes and names

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 1 05:38:30 PDT 2012

>Marc Aramini:The Short Sun books are dedicated to Wolfe's children.  He has a
>very strained/ non-existent relationship with his son Matty, but closer relatonships
>with his other children, such as Roy and Terri.

Thanks Marc. Yes, I thought I'd seen some sort of mention of this conflict and when I
first read OBW the connection jumped instantly to mind.  I don't have a personal
relationship with Mr. Wolfe but the conflict and the publishing of it was confirmed
for me in a correspondence I had with Mantis (M. Andre-Driussi) a while back.

Given the insolence, deception and manipulation laced with occasional expressions of
paternal love we see in the Horn-Sinew/Krait relationship I think we can get a
reasonably clear picture of what Wolfe is trying to show. Perhaps even a sense of the
sort of demons which so often interfere with family relationships and the realness of
the pain involved. As Shakespeare expressed it, "How sharper than a serpent's tooth it
is. To have a thankless child."