(urth) Inhumi's secret and numbers on Blue

Andrew Mason andrew.mason53 at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 29 08:08:38 PST 2012

Antonio Pedro Marquez wrote:

> I think I'm very much in agreement.
>
> Let's see what we know of it, after all:
> - the inhumi fly, apparently also at high altitudes
> - the settlers have found no inhumi bases on Blue
> - the inhumi seem to appear in great numbers during conjunction
> - conjunction itself exists
> - outside conjunction, the settlers seem not to be overly fearful of the inhumi
>
> It's natural for the settlers to assume that the inhumi come from Green, and for want of a better explanation, they 'jump'. It needn't be the inhumi's invention, it's a conclusion the settlers would reach by themselves.
>
> It would also seem necessary that they are able to go back to Green, since that's where they hatch after having fed while on Blue.
>
> Unless they are native to Blue and don't make the trip at all, they do make the trip. Yeah, they could turn into wood after having set themselves on course. But for some reason that explanation doesn't fly for me. There's a mystery here to solve and I feel it should unlock something else.

That they do indeed come from Green is also suggested by:

Quetzal certainly wanted humans to go to Green.

The inhumi in Pajarocu want humans to go to Green.

Jahlee has previously been on Green, since astral travel can only take
you to a place where you, or a companion, have been before, and Jahlee
takes the Rajan to a place on Green - the tower on the cliff face -
where he has certainly not been before.