(urth) Claw = Fang?

Jerry Friedman jerry_friedman at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 22 12:49:13 PST 2012

From: David Stockhoff <dstockhoff at verizon.net>

Very well thought out! If the thorn is the key to the meaning of the Claw, and fangs do seem to occupy a space adjacent to thorns, they are therefore a link to the Claw.

>It occurs to me that the Claw is not associated with any animal, even by speculation. One thinks of a bird, especially a bird of prey, but this is not supported at all.

In fact it's rejected.

"(Because the Conciliator is given a Claw, one is tempted to make the easy association of the eagle of Jove with the sun; it is perhaps too pat.)"

CotC, Appendix

Jerry Friedman