(urth) Lake of Birds

Bruno de Albuquerque Furtado meuemaildobruno at gmail.com
Mon May 28 14:23:13 PDT 2012

"Wasn't there something about it being AP himself that moved them in time?"

Yes, there is. Severian tells someone - I think it was Cyriaca - that an
old woman outside of the stone town had told him that Apu-Punchau was a
"vivimancer", some kind of dead necromancer, with power over the living.

"Ha! You're clearly unfamiliar with the view that there are no 'rather's -
every (un)thinkable hypothesis has as much or more weight than the clearly
laid out sequence of events in the text."

I am beginning to sense some irony and cynicism in your comments... No,
probably just imagining it.