(urth) convo from a decade ago

David Duffy David.Duffy at qimr.edu.au
Sun May 6 16:54:07 PDT 2012

On Sat, 5 May 2012, Daniel Petersen wrote:

> Just in case you've joined this list less than five years ago, like me, I
> want to share what I thought was a pretty incredible piece of analysis from
> ol' Dan'l just over a decade ago

Yes, I thought this was so obviously the model.

>         FWIW, this is exactly and precisely what Roman Catholic James
> Blish does in his classic *A Case of Conscience.

I can only nitpick backwards in time ;) to say, Blish was not Catholic - rather,
agnostic through most of his life, becoming Anglican close to his death.  When
checking my memory, I just found the rather interesting:

http://www.zen118085.zen.co.uk/blish/cslewisandjamesblish.htm

Not directly on Wolfe, but maybe some three way comparisons would be fruitful.

Cheers, David Duffy.