(urth) teleological principals as a dualistic paradigm

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 31 16:17:48 PDT 2012

Yes Daniel, I mean spritual in the second, vague sense you refer to, and by dualism I mean the idea body and spirit are both "real" - and sometimes independent, sometimes operating together.

Thus in the tale coming up (#12), House of Ancestors, we see every human ancestor passing on something of themselves at the time of conception to the child, and an idea that the things we do in life can have a real and lasting effect on the physical world even down to inheritence, something that is not normally, as you say, scientific.  Wolfe approaches spiritual things with a categorizing and scientific mindset, and it is, I think, unusual.