(urth) The Great Gene Wolfe Rebuild

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 26 16:34:44 PDT 2012

I love Shadows of the New Sun for the story of the Polish man who spoke broken English and throughout his entire life in America people struggled to understand him.  His son was so excited to think that when they visited Poland his father would finally be able to express himself eloquently and without fear ... yet no one understood him when he went to Poland - the father was not fluent in any language.  I knew a guy like that in the Circus from Brazil.  He was in charge of publicity - he spoke his own hybrid.