(urth) Oannes

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Tue Mar 20 11:17:26 PDT 2012

From: Antonin Scriabin
> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 1:02 PM, Gerry Quinn <gerry at bindweed.com> wrote:

> > "The same way that one group of humans could have a better grasp of science,
> > or economics, or poker,"

> So, repeatable experiments and mathematical models?  How are these applicable
> to the study of "the infinite", especially when by "the infinite" is meant, "the divine"?
I should have said “analogous ways”, I suppose.  (Though perhaps repeatable experiments and mathematical models could provide insight in some ways.)

> > "To say that the unknowability of absolute truth renders all views equally valid is
> > the silly end of relativism."

> Not really, if you add the qualification "equally valid on the topic of absolute truth".

Actually we have a relevant observation from Wolfe: “Silk is a good man in a bad religion.”  Plainly he thinks that there can be better or worse conceptions of the Divine, even if all are imperfect.
- Gerry Quinn