(urth) Lupiverse(es)

Craig Brewer cnbrewer at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 16 13:39:21 PDT 2012

_The Princess and the Goblin_?

________________________________
 From: DAVID STOCKHOFF <dstockhoff at verizon.net>
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2012 3:32 PM
Subject: Re: (urth) Lupiverse(es)

I plan to read it to my daughter when she's old enough---in a year or two. That's why I collected all the MacDonald I have, though there was a selfish motivation as well.

I have to apologize for shocking everyone, however. It wasn't The Golden Key I was thinking of at all. Had I read that as a child I might recall it more clearly than I did in fact---probably as much as Curdie---but I enjoyed it nevertheless.

I am not sure which story it was that struck me as stilted and dull, only that the protagonist was a girl. But I shouldn't venture to opine until I get back home and find the physical books.

Auden is amazing---no, not dull at all. But then he never wrote stories for children, or did he?