(urth) Lupiverse(es)

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 15 05:56:25 PDT 2012

>James Wynn: The Apostle Paul, while accepting that offerings to idols are
>without value, yet asserts that the "gods" to which those offerings are given
>were actually demons. There's something of this in The Long Sun: The
>Whorl gods are "daemons". They are also twisted demonic versions of the
>Olympic gods. There is nothing heretical in Wolfe's proposition that the
>pagan gods were "real".

But, heresy aside, can such views be considered as leaning toward gnostic?

I had a discussion/debate with James Jordan a long time ago and he professed
a personal belief in "modern" Christian theology. It really bothered him that
aspects of the Sun Series could be interpreted in a manner which granted reality
to pagan gods and monsters. (though, ironically, it was from his Wolfe interview
that Wolfe's pagan beliefs are most often quoted)