(urth) Lupiverse(es)

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Wed Mar 14 13:43:16 PDT 2012

From: Lee Berman

> > Gerry Quinn: Typhon is clearly human

> Perhaps to you. Not to me and not to many others.

He’s never described as anything other than human, albeit possibly of extra-Solar stock.  The same applies to Piaton, onto whom his head is grafted.  His sons, daughters and concubines are human.  His very face, which is so important to his rule, is human.

What reasons have you to believe he is a cacogen?  Other cacogens in the books are clearly referenced as such (and their non-human faces are a recurring theme).

> > Perhaps you should consider re-reading the book.

> Mind your manners, Gerry. You've shown great improvement of late but that was a
> relapse. Plus I've read the books more times than you have and I understand them
> better. But I won't make the same discourteous suggestion you did. ;- )
> same

I’ll take no lessons in manners from you, Lee.  Only the other day you posted yet another of your inane rants about me, which I ignored.  As for your understanding of the books, what you seem to ‘understand’ is some weird confection that has little relation to the text – for example your claim (to which I was responding) that the flooding – which is clearly caused by gravitational radiation from the White Fountain - was actually instead a punishment from God for Urth’s wickedness.

Re-reading was intended as a helpful suggestion.  I should perhaps amplify it by proposing that you concentrate on the meaning of the text as written and which you frequently ignore in favour of cryptic clues allegedly hidden in the syllables and such like.

- Gerry Quinn