(urth) Lupiverse)s)

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 09:33:19 PDT 2012

Gerry Quinn wrote (13-03-2012 15:44):
> The “Failed Jesus” of every previous iteration is just one problem.  What
> about iterations *subsequent* to the one with the Incarnation?  Either that
> is the last iteration (which is nowhere suggested) or the subsequent
> iterations are better than that one... and yet they also must have some sort
> of Failed Jesus or Post Jesus rather than the one true Jesus Christ.  How
> can that be?

There isn't a requirement that iterations are linearly comparable.

> Also, if ours is the final, perfect iteration... well, it seems like it
> ought to be a little bit better, doesn’t it?  Really, the universe of Urth
> despite various SF horrors doesn’t seem especially terrible compared to our
> imaginings of this one, or even our history.

Again, in our universe Humanity has *just* reched the stage where knowledge,
including religious knowledge, becomes globalised. It's quite different from
a universe which is long past that stage. Either something good is to come
out of a globalisation of our knowledge and values or it isn't. The latter
view is relativistic, imo.