(urth) Lupiverse)s)

entonio at gmail.com entonio at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 06:11:33 PDT 2012

No dia 12/03/2012, às 21:07, Andrew Mason <andrew.mason53 at googlemail.com> escreveu:

> Dan'l Danehy-Oakes wrote:
>>
>>> ? [Frankly, I don?t any Jesuit would
>>> be shocked if you proposed that it may take a different form on different
>>> planets of our own universe.]
>>
>> Yes, I think they would, at least if it involved a sacrificial death.
>
> In any case, Wolfe fairly clearly rejects this view in the author's
> note to 'La Befana' - while the story itself does turn on the idea
> that Christ must be born anew on different planets, it's made clear
> that this is a joke. On the other hand, the way he puts it suggests
> that he _may_ actually think  the principle is true for universes.
>
> C.S. Lewis, who accepts it - or at least is willing to run with it as
> a fantasy postulate - for universes, definitely rejects it for
> planets. But while I agree with you about the actual theology, I don't
> think this position is so _obviously_ right that an author who seeks
> to be orthodox could not think otherwise.

I certainly don't think an author must make his works work according to their beliefs. At all. But I'll agree that someone writing a large, important work will almost. necessarily make it in harmony or even illustration of their belief system (which is quite different from saying it will be allegorical).