(urth) The Wizard

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 11 10:07:33 PDT 2012

--- On Sun, 3/11/12, Jeff Wilson <jwilson at clueland.com> wrote:

> From: Jeff Wilson <jwilson at clueland.com>
> Subject: Re: (urth) The Wizard
> Date: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 7:55 AM
> On 3/11/2012 6:19 AM, Gerry Quinn
> wrote:
> > *From:* Nick Lee <mailto:starwaterstrain at gmail.com>
> >
> >     Gerry Quinn wrote:
> >
> But do you accept that Islam at least must
> have existed in
> > Urth’s past? If so, it is hard to imagine a history
> that would have
> > produced Islam but not Christianity.
>
> I don't see that it's that hard. Allah was one of the gods
> of the Kaaba, whom Mohammed's father served in a debased,
> idolatrous form of Judaism. Mohammed sought to reform this,
> and was forced to flee by the unhappy establishment. It's my
> understanding that he wasn't until then that he learned of
> Christianity, and apparently only got a half-baked version
> of it then.
>
> -- Jeff Wilson - jwilson at clueland.com
> Computational Intelligence Laboratory - Texas A&M
> Texarkana
> < http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >

Sorry if I misquoting above, I believe the pertinent question above is by Gerry - a history with Islam but without Christ.  I agree fully with him, especially in light of those two missionaries in the Botanical Garden and the reference to Christ at the beginning of Long Sun.  All these cultural myths, like the one of Adam and Eve and the tree that Quetzal mentions (different names, I think) and even the uniforms of the Catholic church being worn by the clergy in the whorl make it very clear to me there are echoes of Christianity and our history, from Aurelius quotes on down.  It is too huge of a stretch to imagine everything is the same but Jesus.  That is not a stretch in Wizard Knight's cosmology - it is particularly a medieval world without Christianity.