(urth) The Wizard

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Wed Mar 7 16:33:56 PST 2012

From: Lee Berman

> As Dionysus was precursor to Christ on earth, so I think The Outsider and Silk are
> the  precursors to Blue/Urth's version of Christianity. We see the signs that He is
> coming but in the narrative we are given, He has not yet arrived.
Only if we ignore the clear references to Him, e.g. Palm Sunday.  Why would Wolfe have put that in, if he wanted us to think that Christ had not come?  Easier to leave it out altogether, surely?
But that was not the point I wanted to make.  Something occurred to me with regard to the Sign of Addition.  You have suggested it refers to some other type cross-shaped icon such as the swastika.  But do any of these have a sign made with the hand associated with them?  Because there wasn’t just a cross on Silk’s Rosary – there was a hand-sign associated with it.
- Gerry Quinn