(urth) Predictions Re: The Politics Of Gene Wolfe

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 07:18:53 PDT 2012

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 9:45 AM, Fernando Gouvea <fqgouvea at colby.edu> wrote:
> I'm wondering why you care so much.

I have a long-standing interest in predictions and what they reveal,
which would alone would justify my interest, but besides that...

I care because I wish one of my favorite authors to be an
intellectually respectable author, perhaps along the lines of
Chesterton or Buckley or Charles Murray who I also enjoy reading, and
it's disappointing to me to see that it's not a few allusions or plot
twists that I perhaps was simply misinterpreting or being overly
sensitive to.

And also because people here seem to have a hard time accepting it, so
additional data is welcome; witness the previous attempts to explain
it all away, or in this thread the suggestion that maybe he was joking
or trolling!

--
gwern
http://www.gwern.net