(urth) Short Story 43: Beautyland

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 2 15:13:40 PDT 2012

The story does say "there were six deer - I guess they may have been about the only wild deer left in the US", so that seems to be pretty bad and widespread de-speciation.  And ALL the plants seem to be dying from something.

In the short story "Remembrance to Come", the college has moved underground becaus the US has been fried, but I don't think this is the same continuity (primarily because of the capitalist basis of the economy here in Beautyland)