(urth) The Book of the New Sun vs. A Song of Ice and Fire

DAVID STOCKHOFF dstockhoff at verizon.net
Wed Aug 1 14:04:58 PDT 2012

Watching the series, I keep mentally trying to place the technology at around 1200 to 1400 AD. But then I remember that the Wall has been there for 8000 years, yet the Starks never invaded the Holy Land to learn the proper arts of siege warfare from the Arabs. So I just have to make myself stop analyzing it.