(urth) The Book of the New Sun vs. A Song of Ice and Fire

Antonin Scriabin kierkegaurdian at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 11:43:34 PDT 2012

I forgot to add that George R. R. Martin happens to be a big fan of *The
Book of the New Sun,* and this blurb of his appears on the Fantasy
Masterworks publication of *Shadow and Claw *:

"The books are chests full of wonders; full of images like jewels, of words
a reader can get drunk on, of people and incidents that will linger long in
memory. For years and years to come, I think, we'll see inferior imitations
of Wolfe's masterpiece decked out with the phrase "'In the tradition of
Wolfe", for that is the tribute all great originals are inevitably paid."