(urth) The Book of the New Sun vs. A Song of Ice and Fire

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 11:19:18 PDT 2012

I'll also speak out in favor of Martin -- he wrote what I consider to
be THE best rock'n'roll novel of all time, THE ARMAGEDDON RAG. The
ASOIAF books, to my mind, are brutally honest depictions of the kind
of society that generic fantasy readers & writers like to, well,
fantasize about.

The Society for Creative Anachronism likes to say that it recreates
"the middle ages as they should have been." Martin describes a
medieval fantasy world as it really would have been.

--
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes