(urth) This Week in Google Alerts: Home Fires

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 12 11:13:51 PDT 2012

>David Stockhoff: What you are proposing is torture and is globally illegal.

Well the idea of supemax prisons with indefinite terms of solitary confinement
goes in and out of acceptance. At the end of the day the justification is safety
and security, not punishment. It is used not only to house those who are
murderous within prisons, but also to house infamous prisoners who would be a
prime target for other prisoners seeking personal fame via a trophy killing (as
happened to Jeffrey Daumer).

It is a difficult moral question- which is more important, human life or the quality
of human life? I don't have the answer. I am in favor of allowing euthanasia by
request, for prisoners.