(urth) If I already like ...

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Tue Apr 17 20:06:37 PDT 2012

They have flaws in common: _The Difference Engine_ is episodic, whereas _Holy Fire_ is picaresque; neither is truly a novel in the strongest sense.  They both create  worlds, though.  I prefer _Holy Fire_ because its world is in some sense a *plausible* future.  That’s what I call Hard SF.

- Gerry Quinn

From: Dave Lebling