(urth) Fringe

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Fri Apr 6 12:17:37 PDT 2012

I always figured at least one of the writers, or Abrams himself, must
have read BTNS. The mix of pulp mysteries with pulp SF, with multiple
time leaps (if not loops), and the deliberate withholding of information
is just too familiar.

I don't claim "influence," simply that Wolfe shows what can be done with
narrative. It would remain to an Abrams to actually try to do it on
network TV.