(urth) Horn on Blue

larry miller biglar1984 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 18:19:46 PDT 2011

when Horn is laying dying in the pit on Blue he remarks that he sees a
man with a long nose that looks like a black spider and says that the
man touches his forehead with something.  Did this strike anyone as
similiar to Severian and the Claw?  Horn also remarks that the area is
littered with large chunks of Blue glass (like the azure crystal
housing the Claw). Maybe Horn sees one of Severians time traveling
iterations and Horns transferring into Silk is like Jonas transferring
into Miles.