(urth) Typhon's nature

Jeff Wilson jwilson at clueland.com
Thu Oct 20 13:00:50 PDT 2011

On 10/20/2011 2:36 PM, Andrew Mason wrote:
> Gerry Quinn wrote: .
>
> But I just found a problem:
>> ?Their spoil was gathered into a great heap in the city of Nessus, which was then newly built, to be burned.?
>> Surely Nessus was built long before the reign of Typhon?
>
> Well, clearly Cyriaca's story is not entirely accurate. After all, she
> thinks the Citadel is deserted and no one but the Autarch knows about
> it. But I think it's clear that Typhon's actions are the source of the
> story.
>
> (Jonas, by contrast, seems to put the foundation of the Citadel much
> too early, before the first empire.)

The "old port" could date back many ages, once you establish it as a
place for relativistic rockets to land you have to expect late arrivals
in later ages, and as kind of useful, low-maintenance wasteland.

The "great vault" can also refer to the subterranean complex that
extends into the city and to the House Absolute.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at clueland.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >