(urth) mysteries of the long sun?

Antonin Scriabin kierkegaurdian at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 10:52:22 PDT 2011

His injury by the vulture is also one of the reasons he is able to become
close with Crane; his hurt ankle serves as a pretext for Crane to give him
the wrapping, etc.  So the vulture serves an importance narrative purpose as
well.  Also, Wolfe seems to have a thing with lame protagonists.  Weer,
Severian, Silk ... not sure why that is.