(urth) Horns abilities

Daniel Petersen danielottojackpetersen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 09:40:51 PDT 2011

*I believe that the point here is that this is something that can
_only_ happen in a text...and a text of a particular kind (Postmodern
SF) at that.

--
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes*

I suspect with Catholic supernatural realists like Wolfe, R. A. Lafferty,
and Tim Powers, you have to be careful not to limit super-temporal or
super-physical phenomena to the text only.  I bet they think 'real'
(extralinguistic) life is at least as weird as the weirdest text ever
written and probably more so.  You never know when a theological theme may
be lurking near (among other sorts).  As Tolkien famously remarked:  'It
does not do to leave a live [theological] dragon **out of your calculations,
if you live near him.'

-DOJP