(urth) Jordan Interview

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 22 19:41:19 PDT 2011

>Dan'l Dannehy-Oakes: Agreed. But when you're dealing with a writer

>who insists that there is only one Theoanthropos in the history of

>all universes, that becomes semirelevant at best.

Like David, I would like a link to this quote if possible. I don't

necessarily doubt it, but it would be nice to see it in context.

Is it possible Wolfe spoke of one "Increate" in the history of all

universes?

I do think The Increate mentioned in BotNS might be the Judeo-Christian

god, Jaweh (or perhaps the God of the Trinity, which some consider to be

different than Jaweh).

On the other hand, I don't think The Pancreator is the Christian God, nor

the Outsider. They seem to be more along the lines of demiurge to me. In

fact a demiurge is mentioned in BotNS along with other spooky gnostic deities

like The Abraxas.

For those who think The Outsider is meant to be our "one, true God" of all

universes I would pose a question:

Why is the Outsider repeatedly and strongly characterized as a dark god?

A fuligin god even. Isn't the one, true, Judeo-Christian God defined primarily

as a God of light? (Genesis 1:1-4, below)

I suppose some might argue that the Judeo-Christian God is a complete God

encompassing both dark and light. While that may be so, it doesn't explain

why The Outsider is characterized only as dark. And not just black, but the

deepest kind of dark that sucks up all light. When has the God of the Holy

Trinity ever been described like that?