(urth) Father Inire as Dionysus

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Sat Oct 22 13:19:53 PDT 2011

On 10/22/2011 10:48 AM, Lee Berman wrote:
> FWIW, I note that, like Catherine, Cyriaca is a dark-haired, oval-faced
>
> failed Pelerine. I don't think her connection to a cosmically knowlegeable
>
> uncle is a coincidence. His status as a dealer in rare books would seem
>
> to link him to the curators like Ultan, Rudesind and the boss guy at the
>
> Botanic Garden. The curators are, surely, linked to Father Inire.

(1) Anyone who deals in rare books knows the Librarians. There are very
few Librarians; therefore, anyone who deals in rare books knows Ultan.
Anyone who knows Ultan may know his boss Inire. Inire most certainly
deals in very, very rare books. Therefore, Cyriaca's uncle knows Inire,
at least.

Ultan is so tall I can't imagine Cyriaca being related to him. Inire is
so unimaginable (dark? small? old?), I can't imagine Cyriaca being
related to him. So I'm stumped, but there is definitely something there.

(2) One way out may be that Inire is the "uncle" of every little girl
who knows him. Inire knows all the little girls at court; therefore,
Inire is the "uncle" of every little girl at court. Cyriaca was a little
girl at court; therefore, Inire is her uncle.