(urth) Inire = Severian Jr.?

Ryan Dunn ryan at liftingfaces.com
Fri Oct 21 05:19:12 PDT 2011

On Oct 21, 2011, at 12:50 AM, Jeff Wilson <jwilson at clueland.com> wrote:

> Perhaps Inire is only a cousin to the heirodules because he was specially made to include Urthly human seed. Alpheta mates with Sev so that his seed can be integrated with the White Fountain. Where else would they get human seed?

This may sound radical, but is there ANY chance that Inire could be the offspring of Apheta and Severian?

I suppose the story arc of multiple cycles of Severian getting closer to Ymar may throw a wrench in Inire existing before the New Sun is returned, but with bidirectional time flows, does it not stand to wonder?

...ryan