(urth) Urth-Earth links

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 19 18:38:21 PDT 2011

>Jeff Wilson: How is the analeptic use any worse than any other organ donation? Do you
>hold with Christian Science or Jehova's Witnesses?

As I see it the difference lies in that there is no consciousness in a liver or cornea.

If a head transplant or brain transplant seems rather horrible, a partial version of that

as alzabo/autarch analeptic is, seems partly horrible.

When Severian discusses the topic with Ultan, he notes that Ultan gets a pretty disgusting

look of greedy desire on his face in considering the possibility of eating the bodies of

certain old masters and sharing their memories. I really don't think WOlfe intends this

process to be considered a positive thing. Just like cloning, he explores the idea but

within the context of horror. (and WOlfe openly owns to appreciating and having an

intentional element of horror literature in many of his stories).