(urth) What should I read?

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 10:20:04 PDT 2011

Innocents Aboard is probably my favorite short story collection.
Although Strange Travelers contains one of my favorite short stories:
Counting Cats in Zanzibar.

Fifth Head of Cerberus was the one that changed my opinion of The Book
of the New Sun and of Wolfe as a writer. After I read it, I started
telling people he was the best SF writer period...ever.
I always recommend Peace to readers who are more into naturalistic
fiction. It tricks them into following Wolfe.

Pirate Freedom made me think it would be fun to be a pirate. In an
alternate universe, fantasy stories set at sea are as popular as stories
about boy wizards are here. In that universe, Wolfe is a god.

Antonin:
When you get into The Wizard, you will see why some people --one famous
female former-lister in particular-- could not finish the book. But as
one of the most unusual fantasies, as a fully developed world, as a
defense of Knightly mores, it's really something.