(urth) Silk's origin

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Wed Oct 12 08:32:08 PDT 2011

On 10/12/2011 10:53 AM, Gerry Quinn wrote:

> *From:* David Stockhoff <mailto:dstockhoff at verizon.net>
> On 10/12/2011 9:16 AM, Gerry Quinn wrote:
>
> > > I’m comfortable with the concept that the relationships are simply
> > > those described in the book:
> > > 1. Silk was grown from an engineered embryo bought by Tussah. His
> > > genetic parents on Urth have no significance to the story. Silk’s
> > > scanned persona later merged with the remains of that of Typhon.
> > > 2. Inhumi are animals, and have no relation to vines. [It may of
> > > course be that particular plants of Green are of some nutritional
> > > significance to the water-breathing juvenile form of the inhumi.]
> > Is it possible that Typhonic genes were inserted into embryos? Silk may
> > then get some parts of Typhon's genotype but not others. So with Mucor.
> > None would look like him.
>
> If Silk has genes for leadership, they may well be the same as
> Typhon’s. The same applies to blond hair, height (if they are of the
> same height) etc. I don’t really think possessing some genes in common
> implies a special relationship. We all possess many genes in common,
> after all, and many of our genes are also shared with other animals
> and even more distant relatives.
> - Gerry Quinn
I am baffled. Are you making a point?

Let's put this to James. James, does an engineered-genes-insertion link
between Typhon and Silk work for your theory? After all, with some
wiggle room it makes them brothers, or closer than brothers. And yet
they will be as different as Silk and Mucor.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 111012-0, 10/12/2011
Tested on: 10/12/2011 11:32:09 AM