(urth) [BGSpam]Re: Silk's origin

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Wed Oct 12 06:16:52 PDT 2011

From: James Wynn

> There are two big questions in the Whorl cycle that I think we are
> supposed to resolve but I see zero solutions to them:
> 1. The relationship between Silk, Tussh, and Typhon.
> 2. How does an inhumi become a vine?

I’m comfortable with the concept that the relationships are simply those described in the book:

1. Silk was grown from an engineered embryo bought by Tussah.  His genetic parents on Urth have no significance to the story.  Silk’s scanned persona later merged with the remains of that of Typhon.

2. Inhumi are animals, and have no relation to vines.  [It may of course be that particular plants of Green are of some nutritional significance to the water-breathing juvenile form of the inhumi.]

- Gerry Quinn