(urth) Typhon's nature

Jeff Wilson jwilson at clueland.com
Tue Oct 11 20:42:07 PDT 2011

On 10/11/2011 9:53 PM, David Stockhoff wrote:
> On 10/11/2011 10:24 PM, Jeff Wilson wrote:
>> On 10/11/2011 6:17 PM, David Stockhoff wrote:
>>> Does anyone have any opinion on whether or how Abaia and Erebus rule
>>> without resorting to ESP powers?
>>
>> Their minions are the kind of "people" who seek to do their bidding,
>> and they handle ruling over the masses by fear. "Yield, lest we flood
>> your lands/barricade the harbor/blot the sun with smoke and ash/send
>> pestilences, etc." The beasts themselves are smart enough to learn how
>> to communicate with their Urthly minions by voice-like noises,
>> writing, pictures, etc. if they didn't already know it when they got
>> here.
>>
>> For extra horror, Urthlings like the undines are bred and modified in
>> order to better communicate with their uncanny and cyclopean soverigns.
>>

> As I thought, this establishes two very different and possible
> irreconcilable schools of thought on the topic. Your beasts seem very
> weak and ineffectual to me, lacking mind powers. I don;t see them
> enslaving half the planet and threatening the Commonwealth.

We know they have minions, yes? Abaia has undines, Erebus has perischii.
  If they had sufficient mental wattage to enslave half the planet, why
do they bother with minions?  Or is the mind power what they use to
control the minions who then enslave half the planet?

Chairman Mao did it without any mind powers at all using 100% pure
minion power.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at clueland.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >