(urth) Typhon's nature

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Tue Oct 11 19:53:39 PDT 2011

On 10/11/2011 10:24 PM, Jeff Wilson wrote:
> On 10/11/2011 6:17 PM, David Stockhoff wrote:
>> Does anyone have any opinion on whether or how Abaia and Erebus rule
>> without resorting to ESP powers?
>
> Their minions are the kind of "people" who seek to do their bidding,
> and they handle ruling over the masses by fear. "Yield, lest we flood
> your lands/barricade the harbor/blot the sun with smoke and ash/send
> pestilences, etc." The beasts themselves are smart enough to learn how
> to communicate with their Urthly minions by voice-like noises,
> writing, pictures, etc. if they didn't already know it when they got
> here.
>
> For extra horror, Urthlings like the undines are bred and modified in
> order to better communicate with their uncanny and cyclopean soverigns.

As I thought, this establishes two very different and possible
irreconcilable schools of thought on the topic. Your beasts seem very
weak and ineffectual to me, lacking mind powers. I don;t see them
enslaving half the planet and threatening the Commonwealth.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 111011-2, 10/11/2011
Tested on: 10/11/2011 10:53:40 PM