(urth) Typhon's nature

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Sun Oct 9 17:38:59 PDT 2011

A simpler explanation of Typhon's remark is that he was born as Silk was
born, i.e., from a surrogate mother.

Recall Macbeth, where the witches' prophecy "not of woman born" was
fulfilled by a cesarean birth. Surely Typhon outdoes Macduff (we are not
much impressed by c-sections today) but probably it doesn't need to be
by much. Perhaps he was grown in a vat and "decanted" or even
genetically "designed," but he'd still need a human body to parasitize.