(urth) Typhon's nature

larry miller biglar1984 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 15:49:19 PDT 2011

In the Sword of the Lictor Typhon says a few things that seems to
indicate an alien origin. He tells  Severian that "I was not born, at
least not in the way you mean it".   Also Typhon says that though he
has lived a day he has sent his thoughts to far places, seemingly
making contact with the megatherians.  This seems very similiar to the
astral abilities possessed by the Nieghbors.  Was Cillinia born on the
Whorl or Urth?  Perhaps she has a saints name because she was fathered
by Piaton and then later adopted by the alien Monarch?