(urth) Pike's ghost

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Wed Nov 30 04:29:58 PST 2011

From: Marc Aramini

> I am almost certain the reason for the conclusion of Short Sun being the sacrifice
>  of the eye (in flash back anyway) is simply that THAT is the moment when Silk is
>  "saved"/rebooted.  He pretty much left the building/lost his will to live when Hy
> died, and that reboot is an integral way to the manner I read the text: most of
>  the Rajan post OBW is, in my opinion, dominated by the Silver Silk personality
> that rode in Pig.

Something struck me in that paragraph.  When you mention Silver Silk, are you saying that the Silver/Silent aspect of Silk is what leads him to ride quietly in SilkHorn?  That he’s kind of looking through SilkHorn’s eye like he does Sacred windows, without taking over?

It would be interesting perspective on the Silver/Silent thing.  It could also be intended to work in reverse, i.e. we might think of Silk silently travelling in SilkHorn and speculate about life for Silk in Mainframe.

I’m not very convinced by this concept, but it seems worth thinking about.

- Gerry Quinn