(urth) Pike's ghost

Larry Miller decanus1284 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 13:05:15 PST 2011

Severian sees him as a "man" because Piaton is a human.  Typhons head
however may closely resemble a human or might even be the head of
another human body he possessed so that could explain why Severian
doesnt remark upon any alien characteristics.  His psychic abilities
(if he does possess any) seem to be quite different than Decuman who
IIRC is the only other human who has any mental powers.  His comment
about sending his thoughts seem much more in common with the astral
travel done by the Inhumi and the Neighbors who are not human.  It
seems Typhon engineered abilities akin to his into humans (as in the
case of Mucor) later.