(urth) Urth Digest, Vol 87, Issue 179

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 15:12:45 PST 2011

On 11/23/2011 4:47 PM, Andrew Mason wrote:
> James Wynn wrote:
>
> Yes, I saw this - I'm not doubting that there is a way to explain it
> within the time-travel theory. I just wanted to see if a simpler
> explanation could be given.

Maybe Roy will chime in on this.

>> ** If it seems that Wolfe did not provide enough clues for this,
>> remember that this is the same thing as Auk kidnapping Hy for sacrifice
>> and then realizing that "she was not the woman he was supposed to
>> bring." There was no explanation of _that_internal struggle either.
> Why do you say he kidnapped her for sacrifice?

Well, he *did* kidnap her. The very requirement to kidnap someone
assumes that no one could be procured to go willingly.

> It seems to me -
> admittedly with the benefit of hindsight - that what happened is
> reasonably clear. Tartaros said  'Go to the woman...A woman is vital'.
> Auk looked around for Chenille (whom Tartaros certainly meant; he had
> told Auk to comfort her a page earlier), but she had disappeared.

I'm not sure it is obvious. I don't think he ultimately presents
Chenille. So, if she was vital...
If Tartaros needed any woman (as his statement implied) why not Hy?