(urth) Like a good Neighbor

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 15:09:34 PST 2011

I think some of you are overlooking that there is precious little evidence
that the *biology* of the Inhumi changes with their feeding on other
life-forms. It's the soul that does. Otherwise they wouldn't have to go into
'dream travel', something they are desperate to do (which suggests that they
can't do it without the Rajan, and that the Neighbours are really gone), in
order to be physically human. It is reasonably implied that along with
impressive mimetism they have some way of mesmerising humans to achieve the
illusion that they are human - but human they are not, physically.
Yeah, the Inhumi could be dream-travelling lianas, but they don't exhibit
the traits we associate with dream-travellers.