(urth) Like a good Neighbor

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 10:03:40 PST 2011

On 11/22/2011 5:46 AM, António Pedro Marques wrote:
> I've asked this twice without reply.
> What's Seawrack doing with a Rajan than has nothing of Horn in him -
> neither body nor soul?
> Yes, I know, there's 'always' 'something' 'left' - but the point is
> we're precisely discussing whether in the very end there's anything left.

In order to answer this question, we'd really have to know what the
purpose in sending Seawrack was in the first place.
Was her purpose solely for Horn? Did Mother decide Horn was a
"worshipper" because he killed that pirate woman and caused her to be
dumped in the water?

I think it is significant that the Narrator does not reconnect with
Seawrack in his non-Horn body until the end when the Rajan returns to
the Whorl with Marble, Nettle, and Seawrack. (and Oreb, of course). Of
course, I'm not sure what the reconnection means any more than I know
what the separation means.