(urth) Like a good Neighbor

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Tue Nov 22 06:39:26 PST 2011

On 11/22/2011 6:46 AM, António Pedro Marques wrote:
> Sergei SOLOVIEV wrote (22-11-2011 11:40):
>> And if Horn completely died (departed) in the very end (after
>> Remora quoted the lines about Hyacinth), who (he or Silk) wanted
>> so much to call Seawrack - and why Silk (if only Silk remains)
>> departed with her? Did she replace in some way Hyacinth for
>> him? Why did she accept him, instead of Horn?
>
> I've asked this twice without reply. What's Seawrack doing with a
> Rajan than has nothing of Horn in him - neither body nor soul? Yes, I
> know, there's 'always' 'something' 'left' - but the point is we're
> precisely discussing whether in the very end there's anything left.

I've asked the same question, more or less, not really expecting a
reply. To put it another way: if, say, 10% of a mind is always left
behind, is 10% enough?

Is it enough for some things (recognition) and not for others (speaking
for humanity). It is probably not an entirely fair question, especially
trying to quantify like that, but it needs at least a provisional answer.