(urth) Like a good neighbor

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Tue Nov 22 10:58:21 PST 2011

On 11/22/2011 1:19 PM, Lee Berman wrote:
> I don't mind saying "there is a vital connection" between Echidna and
> The Mother or Thelxiepeia (mythic siren) and Seawrack the first time.
> But it would be nice if I could shorthand it to "is" on further
> elaboration.

Yeah, we seem to need some notation to bracket and specify some simple
associative ideas, like "is" but you get tired of doing that. Analyzing
Wolfe requires so many different "is" 'es:

Silk is Typhon (genetically)

Sand is Silk (personality)

Marble is Rose (er...)

Marble is Maggie (flat-out lying, according to her, as Rose)

Krait is Sinew (by parentage/feeding/relation to Horn)

Green is Urth (actually, or just metaphorically?)

Horn is a Neighbor (indeterminate)

Neighbors are Faeries (as a literary template)

and on and on .... Funny, not too many actual imposters come to mind.