(urth) Like a good Neighbor

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 21 11:20:42 PST 2011

>Those short stiff hairs got me thinking that maybe the
>long nosed spider fellow is some manifestation of Babbie.

>If a greenbuck can be a Neighbor, so can a hus.

Well, goats, pigs and deer all have short stiff hairs, hooves
(hides and sinew) and horns (if you count tusks). I see little problem
in Wolfe spreading his fauns across a range of ungulates.

>But whose soul would Babbie have to begin with?

Phea's? The soldier named Babirousa's?

>The problem becomes ... how is it that Babbie is still around?
>..maybe he's got a spare soul laying around in there?  Most confusing.

Well yes, and no. Normally we think of a person's soul as individual and
indivisible. But that is not the case in this story. They are like a deck
of cards, able to be shuffled and dealt out in different combinations and
portions.