(urth) Fwd: Babbiehorn?: Was: a sincere question mostly for roy

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 21 08:27:23 PST 2011

>David Stockhoff: At least one thing is certain: the White Fountain/New Sun
>will make Urth warmer. Earth occupies such a narrow temperature band of
>habitability that even slight changes will have a dramatic effect, and the
>New Sun is bound to make Urth even warmer than the black hole made it cooler.
>That alone tells us Ushas will be a jungle planet, though Green still has ice
>caps on its poles.

I disagree.  Ushas may be warm but it is not a jungle planet. Ushas differs from
Green in one very important aspect: oceans. This issue was discussed recently
but I think it is so crucially important that it bears repeating.

This is where Marc and my disagreement over time frame becomes important. He sees
Green (and the Green Man) as part of humanity's future. I see them as the past and
Green as an allusion to Eden, after the Fall, dominated by reptilian, parasitic
things. Both Blue and Ushas seem to me to allude to a post Flood, pre-Christ earth.
That time period has ALL the stuff Wolfe is interested in- Egyptians, Hebrews,
Greeks, Romans Persians, etc.

(Well, he is interested in medieval times, Vikings and Norse myths also. As he
stated in the video interview, he had to create a new universe to stage Wizard/Knight;
one which lacks Christ. That seems an important key to most of Wolfe's work. He is
acknowledged as a Christian writer but he doesn't want to write stories in which
the presence of Christ is a factor. It is his absence that interests Wolfe.)