(urth) Fwd: Babbiehorn?: Was: a sincere question mostly for roy

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 06:39:50 PST 2011

> I agree Babbie is an odd element from beginning to end. Why do you find
> his species name unlike other indigenous species? Because it seems like
> a Whorl-Urth based name? Could this simply reflect domestication?

"Babirousa" is a fine Vironese name. What is a "hus". All the other
names for animals give you an idea of what they look like or where they
are found.

> I also think Mucor's intention for Babbie is meant to be seen as important. I have my own ideas but what do you think it is?

What know is that I don't know what was in Mucor's mind when at the last
moment, as Horn is sailing away from the island, Mucor commanded Babbie
to go with Horn.